Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Amanda's Final Reflection

Our time in Detroit was the most inspirational week I have ever experienced. Seeing the city for myself instead of relying on what the media says was a great decision. One of the most important lessons that I feel like I got from the trip is to not judge something based on what you hear. There was so much negativity portrayed about Detroit before I left, but actually being there and interacting with so many residents of the city, I realized that you should always experience something for yourself before you listen to what everyone around you has to say. Everyone that we talked to was very hospitable, and I could not have asked for a better week. Also, I could not have asked for a better group of people to go with, it was amazing how in just one week we made our own little family.

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment