Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Leigh's Final Thoughts

A few days before the trip, I didn't want to go. I felt swamped by all my schoolwork, overtired from sleep deprivation, and frankly, kinda homesick. The day before the trip arrived, and I spent most of it frantically packing. I look back at that stressed out gal and wonder where she went. Nothing could have prepared me for what the week was to bring or how positively it would change me. Art, innovation, agriculture, race, history, creativity, family, reflection, future plans--we covered it all. I've never felt more open-minded, more capable, more inspired to become a hopeful, hardworking influence in my community. I don't know why the universe decided that I deserved this ABST, but I thank all my lucky stars that it did.

-Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment