Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Kayla's Final Thoughts

To sum up an experience like I had in Detroit in just a few sentences is an impossible task. What I'm bringing back through Detroit to myself is three important life altering lessons. Simply experiencing the presence of the people of Detroit, I quickly learned how accepting they are. Just two days back on campus, and it hurts my ears to hear a judgmental statement in day to day conversation. Detroit has also reminded me of a simple concept. Nothing will be achieved if everyone can't work together. We all have gifts, different points of views and areas of expertise which are more effective when used in a collaborative effort. In closing, Detroit has left a fire burning within me to change my life and has me rethinking a career path that will benefit our home that we call America the Beautiful.

-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment