Friday, March 6, 2015

Food & Love

Hey everyone!

   This Thursday was filled with blissful joy! We started off our morning with some much needed meditation. We all sat there in a unified silence and felt a soul soothing calm overwhelm us. It felt amazing, letting go of everything and anything that distracted us from our main goals in life. Those goals being, embracing everyone from all walks of humanity into our caring family. Selfishly, I'd like to say Thursday personally  meant alot to me. Everyone was open to trying Middle-Eastern food and of course I was excited to share my culture with everyone. It felt great watching everyone's faces radiate joy with every bite. I'd also like to apologize to Andrew... since I am a food pusher... and made him eat twice as much as he normally would. The food doesn't end there, we also stopped by a famous Middle-Eastern bakery (Shatila) and continued to stuff our faces. I feel blessed  to be able to share my experiences with everyone in our Detroit family. Thanks for reading!

                                                          Love,
                                                            Malik

No comments:

Post a Comment