Saturday, March 7, 2015

vicTORI 😄

This week has been truly life-changing. It was a great learning experience for myself. With any experiences, there are some good things and bad things. Unfortunately, I was not able to be physically present as much as I wanted to be. Early in the trip I got sick and was not feeling well. I did not want this to affect the quality of my trip though. I tried to ride it out and decided on Wednesday afternoon it would be best to go to an urgent care. That was quite an interesting experience. I was put on quite a few medications,  and started to fell better over the next couple days.  The support from the group was so comforting and amazing, everyone started to seem like second family to me. 

As I mentioned previously, this trip was made of highs and lows, well, one of my highs was getting the opportunity to sit and meet great new people at Earthworks over lunch. Meeting new people is one of my favorite things because you can learn so much, the possibilities are endless.
 
When we visited the Detroit Institute of Arts I found a quote there and it really stuck with me and I would like to share it with you: "What's The Best Way to Explore Detroit? You could pay attention to the many stories in the national media. You could peruse  thousands of photographs of abandoned buildings. Go to a Tigers game. Take a bike ride. Or, you could talk to the people who know the city firsthand.... People who live, work, play, protest, create, and grow in this city."

My experiences in Detroit were so educational and life-changing it was such a blessing to be able to have such an amazing opportunity like this. 
Peace,
Tori 

No comments:

Post a Comment